C5550 All-In-One...Ink Cartridge (black) HP 74XL Not Compatible (1298 Views)
Honor Student
Blori
Message 1 of 4 (1,298 Views)

C5550 All-In-One...Ink Cartridge (black) HP 74XL Not Compatible

[ Edited ]

I've read a lot of C4480 having the same issue and it looks the solution is to trash it and buy a different brand

Is that the same solution for C5550...I've tried all the other suggestions i.e. clean heads, reboot etc

Tried calling Cust Support....Good Lord what a fricken Joke

I am unfortunately sitting on 2 color XL and 1 more XL (cha-ching)

has anyone found a solution to HP's issue....I don't mind buying a new printer, just to get a company with decent support, I don't want to eat the expense of these cartridges more then anything, bought them at Costco and no longer have my membership there, so can't return them, plus God knows where the receipt is.

I will never buy another HP product and I will totally spread the word about how incredibly bad they are

but I would still like to solve this issue ~ any help is appreciated...[Personal Information Removed]

PhD Student
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 4 (1,242 Views)

Re: C5550 All-In-One...Ink Cartridge (black) HP 74XL Not Compatible

It sounds like you may have already done this, but have you manually cleaned the contacts in the carriage as well as on the cartridges?  Typically this error is a result of some ink residue on the contacts (cartridge, carriage or both).  If you haven't already, try the steps in this doc (Step 2).

BTW - How long have you had the printer?

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Blori
Message 3 of 4 (1,233 Views)

Yes, unfortunately I have cleaned the head and unplugged the machine (reset) and removed (several times) the cartridges.

The machine is over a year, but I bet I've printed less then 100 copies, I just rarely use it

I can't believe so many people are having same issue and there is no fix available   ugh I am frustrated at this

I've posted on my FACEBOOK about this and how bad HP support is and I don't recommend them ~ I also work for a company that I have national clients and I am spreading the word that way as well...... It is too bad they don't respect their customers when they can easily see all these posts about the same issue and they posts no solutions and no recalls.

Student
bostondru
Message 4 of 4 (1,106 Views)

Hi Blori,

The same issue just happened to me.  I was in the middle of printing something and I got an error message stating the left cartridge is not compatible, which is the color cartridge.  I have a normal size cartridge for color but an XL for black.  When I remove the color cartridge it won't even let me print in just black.   Did you end up solving your issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation