Question

Top Student
youngrs
Message 1 of 15 (4,223 Views)

C6150 Will not reset

My C6150 All in One printer is in an endless rebooting loop.  I get a message not to shut down the printer by using the ON/OFF on a power strip....  Then an OK to acknowledge.  I press OK and the printer shuts down, goes through a reboot, and comes back to the same message. 

Help!

PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 2 of 15 (4,203 Views)

Re: C6150 Will not reset

Please try to do this:

1. Unplug the power cord from both ends of the printer.

2. Wait for 2 minutes

3. Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet. Do not reconnect the other end to the back of the printer

4. While the other end of the power cord is still unplugged, hold the pound (#) and six (6) keys on the printer.

5. While holding pound and six, reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer and after two seconds release the two keys.

6. Wait until the printer will turn on. If not, press the power button to turn it on.

Let me know if that helps.

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Top Student
youngrs
Message 3 of 15 (4,200 Views)

Thank you.

Those are exactly the instructions I received from HP On-line Support this morning.  I was able to restart the printer, but that process seemed to have erased all my printer connections and setups.  I haven't completed this reconfiguration yet, so the jury is still out.

youngrs

PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 4 of 15 (4,195 Views)

Let me know how i can help you out.
Top Student
youngrs
Message 5 of 15 (4,186 Views)

Now I'm having trouble with my Vista OS computer recognizing the printer on my wireless network. 

I have input the 23 character SSID into the printer, but can't get the Vista network configuration tools to recognize the printer?

youngrs

PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 6 of 15 (4,172 Views)

Did you print a network configuration page?
Student
RockL1973
Message 7 of 15 (3,660 Views)

I have this same printer. It is in it's infinite reboot loop. I have tried every reset out there, reinstalling drivers, disconnecting power cords, everything. I am still having no luck. I have relocated the printer, I hardwired it instead of wireless. I'm frustrated. Is it possible it's the power supply? How can I check? Where do I purchase  a new one? Please help.....

Top Student
youngrs
Message 8 of 15 (3,648 Views)

I was able to reboot the computer using these instructions.  It was a temporary fix, since my computer reverted back to the endless loop mode each time I tried printing something.  I ended up buying a new printer.  HP OfficeJet 6500 All in One Wireless.  The price was right, but I have paid for it several times over with ink cartridge purchases.   

Please try to do this:

1. Unplug the power cord from both ends of the printer.

2. Wait for 2 minutes

3. Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet. Do not reconnect the other end to the back of the printer

4. While the other end of the power cord is still unplugged, hold the pound (#) and six (6) keys on the printer.

5. While holding pound and six, reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer and after two seconds release the two keys.

6. Wait until the printer will turn on. If not, press the power button to turn it on.

Let me know if that helps.

Honor Student
NateCaine
Message 9 of 15 (3,077 Views)

[ Edited ]

UPDATE

Please see my reply of ( 09-24-2010 11:44 AM ) posted on page 2. 

There is an electronic repair that may apply if you can't get any of the software reset procedures to work.

===========================================

I'm real disappointed with this printer.  I got stuck with that endless reboot bug that HP denies exists but conveniently has a "#6" procedure to attempt to clear.

In an off chance, since several ink cartridges were low, I replaced them all (and with the XL high capacity ones at that).

All seemed fine and I printed a single test page.

When I printed the second test page, the printer informed me that the brand new cartridge was now empty.  So that was about $25 worth of ink per page.

The printer seems OK, until you attempt to use any wireless functionality.  It will correctly find the nearly Access Points, and I can correctly enter the passphrase.  But once it has been online for even a few seconds, the printer returns to the endless reboot cycle.

Sadly, most HP products I've purchased recently are badly overpriced junk.

Top Student
youngrs
Message 10 of 15 (3,072 Views)

Thanks Nate.

My experience hasn't been that bad, but it does go through color ink cartridges pretty fast.  I somehow dummied through my problem and the printer is operating normally.  I have had some problems with the printer recognizing new cartridges and found it was the electronic connection with the cartridge chip.

Ralph

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation