C6380 - Ink System Failure 0xc19a0023 error message
Replies (32)

Honor Student
strainu
Message 11 of 33 (14,193 Views)

Re: C6380 - Ink System Failure 0xc19a0023 error message

i have same problem but on my the message error is 

C6380 - Ink System Failure 0xc19a0023 error message

what can i do to repair? where can i buy a printhead ???

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 12 of 33 (14,189 Views)

Hi strainu,

To try to resolve the 0xc19a0023 message, try the steps in the following document Doc c01458034

If this doesn't resolve the issue - and the printhead is still within warranty - then contact phone support for a replacement. To check if the printhead is in warranty, refer to this page

If the printhead is out of warranty, see the link at the top of this page to purchase one online.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
EKMurakami
Message 13 of 33 (13,888 Views)

Hi.

I had the same problems as everyone else and went through the whole process with HP of cleaning the printheads and ink cartridges too.  I finally took it upon myself to take my printhead outside then used my air compressor to blow air through the screens to get the ink flowing again.  It blew out alot of ink.  I kept doing it until the ink was hardly coming out from the printhead.  A few days later I turned on my printer and then it went through a cycling process then the alignment process and now it works.  My printer is still under warranty so HP sent me a new printhead to solve the problem.

Teacher
k_sudarshan
Message 14 of 33 (13,881 Views)

Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:

1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold Print Photos and Red Eye Removal while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.

OR

1. Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons.  Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”

2. Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal” 

3. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)

4. Press and release the “OK” button.

5. Display should say “Support”. Use the Right arrow Key to look for "Reset Menu".

6. Press and release the “OK” button.

7. Press the right arrow key to look for "Partial Reset", press 'OK'

8. The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the printer to complete reset

Note:
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.

If the issue still persists, then hardware issue.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Honor Student
Message 15 of 33 (13,264 Views)

my printer i disconnet th cable  i can not fix mt printer said ink system failure how i can fix this problem please send email back

Student
shootinblanx
Message 16 of 33 (12,694 Views)

I had this problem too and had previously tried the HP prescribed cleaning/rebooting procedure, but it did not cure it.  Due to the difficulty in getting any (free) support from HP or finding a new print head to buy, I decided to try a few of the suggestions on this forum.  I cleaned the contacts and print head with alcohol, and I used compressed air to blow out the print head.  After reassembly, it wouldn't print, so i ran the "clean print head' routine to get the ink flowing again.  Works great now.  Glad I didn't order a print head.

Student
PanarchyInTheUK
Message 17 of 33 (12,345 Views)

I followed the link, but it takes you to a general purpose guide on how to replace the printhead (with broken picture links, so the guide's helpfulness is limited).   The link on the page that you assume will take you to a place where you can purchase a printhead, instead directs you to another general page.   I cannot track down a printhead.  This is very frustrating!

Honor Student
cchpuser
Message 18 of 33 (12,305 Views)

I removed the cartridges took the print head out, blew compressed air through the holes until all the ink came out. Then I rinsed the printing area with rubbing alcohol (do not put the whole print head in the alcohol), blow dried with cool air, left out for 2 hours. Cleaned all contact points on print head, printer and cartridges with rubbing alcohol and lint free cloth. Then I put everything back. The printer thought it is a new print head and said do you want to start with used cartridges? Press OK to continue with used cartridges. Then it did printer preparation for 5 minutes and aligned the print heads and printed a alignment page. Now it works like a charm. 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 19 of 33 (12,296 Views)

Hi PanarchyInTheUK

Is this the link you followed?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01458034&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Can you provide more details on the broken picture links?

Were you able to access the HP Part Store? http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwhowtobuy.html

Thanks, Ciara

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 20 of 33 (12,295 Views)

Hi shootinblanx

Glad to hear those steps solved the issue for you :smileyhappy:

Out of curiosity, did you see any particular message after 'Ink System Failure'? - was it 0xc19a0023 or something different?

Thanks, Ciara

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation