C7180 HP Photosmart Printer Alignment Error (2008 Views)
jdr Student
Student
jdr
Message 1 of 5 (2,008 Views)

C7180 HP Photosmart Printer Alignment Error

My printer has been working perfectly but then I tried to print a letter and the page was blank.  Have checked all the ink catridge levels and replaced the black ink but print tests do not show any black on them and the printer alignment test fails although I can see the red light moving back and forward when I look into the paper out tray.  Does this mean the automatic sensor is faulty and I need to get the printer serviced (1.5 years old) or is there anything else I can try??

JDR

Student
TrishM007
Message 2 of 5 (1,738 Views)

Re: C7180 HP Photosmart Printer Alignment Error

Am having a similar problem. My printer was working last night. Now this morning, it decides it isn't going to recognise the brand new yellow cartridge it told me to replace.  So i shut it down and turned it back on.  Now it is saying the dark blue, and the black cartridges aren't there either.

Very weird.  This printer has never missed a beat up to now.

Any solutions out there???????   PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!

Student
tfierst
Message 3 of 5 (1,391 Views)

Anyone find an answer to this my HP C7180 doing the same thing.

HI been using this printer for 2 years great printing. All of the suddent spitting out blank pages, all ink cartridges are 1/2 full or full, is this printers life over

Student
lawjudy
Message 4 of 5 (1,300 Views)

I am having the exact same problem.  Printer is about 2 years old.  Yellow is not working and black seems to be spitting out extra ink ( bleeding?).  Running the "tools" "align printer' command yields that there is an alignment error, but I can't find anything that tells how to fix it.  Has anyone else found anything yet? 

Thanks!

Honor Student
revon1950
Message 5 of 5 (363 Views)

I am having the same thing happening, I have had mine for 3 years, now won't allign, and black ink is sitting on tray bottom, coming out too fast.  Help please.  Is there a service manual for this printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation