01-07-2010 03:12 AM
I've had my CM1312 in my SOHO for over 12 months with no problems.
I always use original cartridges. (From a discount reseller, of course!)
I've printed thousands of pages in full colour, double sided.
Today after printing a few hundred pages, I changed (when prompted) the magenta cartridge.
Since then when printing in colour, it prints two pages, shuts down for 3-4 minutes saying it's "Printing...Cool-down mode"
Then it start all over again. (No problem when printing B/W.)
The temperature in my office is quite normal, not exceeding 75F, and the printer seems not to be overheated in any way. It's certainly worked a lot harder than this - even this morning.
Half a page a minute is crippling my business!
I'm going to buy another original Magenta cartridge tomorrow to see if that fixes it.
But I'm afraid I might be throwing good money after bad......
09-07-2010 08:33 AM
I am also dealing with this issue right now, The printer goes to "cool-down mode" only after 5 printouts.
Right I cannot isolate the problem.
Has the replacement of the cartridge solved your issue?
If that is the case, I will consider replacing my supplies.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper