CP1215 Color Alignment (5934 Views)
Top Student
Artisthos
Message 11 of 31 (2,599 Views)

Re: CP1215 Color Alignment

I had the same solution by replacing the yellow cartridge and it worked but then it started again with that cartridge. I bought a new HP magenta cartridge but it didn't go away. I cannot push myself to buy another yellow just to see it wasted. Currently I am using the printer as a spot color printer using Illustrator to select only the cartrige color for type and illustrations. Maybe I will make another stab at seemingly endless frustrating hours recalibration, new firmware and on and on.

Student
Xan90
Message 12 of 31 (2,541 Views)

I'm experiencing somewhat the same problem.

Colors are not well aligned and calibration doesn't work.

It have the latest firmware installed and the product has been calibrated over and over again.

I even took it to the shop and they solved it. However after a week of printing and an automatic calibration colors are misaligned again. (Before the calibration everything was perfect???)

Top Student
Artisthos
Message 13 of 31 (2,534 Views)

I wish I could close this but I am still using it for spot cartridge color. The last post also worked of me a long time ago  but then the ugly monster came back. I checked the little tabs, no help there. Until I feel like spending hours on this again I will leave this open for the problem is not solved.

Top Student
rogerval
Message 14 of 31 (2,519 Views)

Hi,

I'm was having the same sort of problem ; in my case, it was the magenta which was not lining up. I've been searching through various forums (including HP) and looking for info on Canon's sister printer (the LBP 5050 is very similar to the CP1215 I think) and I came to the conclusion that I would never get the calibration to work unless I turned off the empty cartridge override.

That might seem like a "no brainer" to others reading this, but nothing in the HP instructions specifically refers to this fact. Just a couple of hints and warnings about "certain features may not be available".

So now, I have three non genuine cartridges and one HP cartridge, all of which have chips which register as plenty of pages remaining with the printer. As soon as I had replaced the last "empty" cartridge (which actually wasn't empty at all ! :smileyhappy: ) the machine auto calibrated and printed OK.

I'm going to go on eBay and purchase some fresh chips in case this silly situation happens again. :smileyhappy:

Note to HP: how about allowing the user to decide if they wish to proceed with a calibration ? A stern warning whenever "override" is in use is fine by me, I'll ignore it at my own peril. :smileyhappy:

Roger.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 15 of 31 (2,512 Views)

Hi

Sounds like you have done what is possible up to this point. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
rogerval
Message 16 of 31 (2,500 Views)

Hi pcwizard, and thanks for your reply. :smileyhappy:

Actually, the printer is OK ; as I said in my previous post, I think I stumbled upon the reason it wasn't aligning the colours properly.

I now believe the following:

1) the CP1215 won't calibrate at all unless it senses that all cartridges are OK (that is, they're registering as having some toner left, and not on 0%), and ...

2) even if I turn on "override" and calibration appears to have taken place, the printer still hasn't really calibrated.

Are these two conclusions correct ?

Thanks in advance,

Roger.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 17 of 31 (2,499 Views)

Hi rogerval,

I does appear that the cartridge would need to be in a good printing status to properly align the printer. I am glad to hear you have gotten the issue resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Artisthos
Message 18 of 31 (2,488 Views)

Wow, this is good news. If I ever get the guts and money to buy four new HP cartridges I'll try the same thing. In the mean time I'll keep just using the machine for spot color. I will have to put a notice on E-bay for those carrtridges.

I wish I could say the problem is resolved. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 19 of 31 (2,459 Views)

Hi Artusthos,

Sounds like you have done what is possible up to this point. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
rogerval
Message 20 of 31 (2,456 Views)

Hi Artisthos,

I don't think the cartridges have to be genuine, (sorry HP !) as long as they have sufficient toner, have a chip which still registers as having pages left, and aren't faulty in another way. (And as I've commented earlier, don't use "override" as it appears that this interferes with the calibration process.) Naturally I'd shy away from buying extremely cheap non genuine cartridges, and it's up to the user to decide if they want to take the risk.

If I knew I had a cartridge which had plenty of pages left, but the chip registered as zero pages, I'd even be prepared to put in an aftermarket chip to enable me to do a calibration when necessary. (Just my opinion.)

Good luck ! :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation