Question

Tutor
DERoss
Message 1 of 12 (308 Views)

CP1215 Toolbox Non-Functional

Windows 7 (x64)

HP Color LaserJet CP1215

Toolbox 1.0.2837.24864

Very recently, Toolbox launches with a non-functional window.  Under "Devices", I see "Known Printers".  When I select that, however, I no longer get my printer or any of the Toolbox capabilities.  Refreshing the window does not help.  I have attached a JPEG screen-shot of the window. 

How do I recover the Toolbox capabilities? 

Tolbox

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 12 (289 Views)

Re: CP1215 Toolbox Non-Functional

Hello DERoss,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

Regarding the issue with the LaserJet CP1215 and its Tool Box not working, I would suggest uninstall and install the printer software.

This can be done but following these steps, click Start> HP and then Uninstall. Or, click Start> Control Panel> Programs and Features and then click on the HP software you would like removed.

Use this link to download and install the printer software: HP Color LaserJet Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Let me know if this helped.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
DERoss
Message 3 of 12 (282 Views)

I tried downloading the installer file you indicated.  After more than 20 minutes, I received less than one-third of the file.  The server never delivered even as much as 300 KB/sec even though I have a 15 MB/sec broadband connection.  I cancelled the download. 

Furthermore, the download was dated 1 April 2008.  I updated my HP print driver around April of this year, using an update dated 1 December 2010.  Did you really mean for me to revert to an older software package? 

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 4 of 12 (271 Views)

I do not know why the printer software would have been taking so long, could have been a lot of traffic on the servers. Try downloading it a later time in the day away from peek usage hours.

The software you updated may have been a print driver, the full feature software I linked is for the your OS and printer.

You would be welcome to try the HP Color LaserJet Plug and Play Package package, this was released 2013-04-08.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
DERoss
Message 5 of 12 (254 Views)

I finally downloaded the HP Color LaserJet Full Feature Software and Drivers.  It took 5 minutes to download 493 MB (not the 1.5 GB cited on the download Web page); although faster than my prior attemp, it was still only 1.6 MB/sec over a 15 MB/sec broadband connection. 

I installed the software.  The Toolbox remained non-functional. 

After uninstalling all HP software (my HP printer being the only HP product I have), I used the original HP CD (#CC376-60102) to reinstall my printer.  The Toolbox remained non-functional. 

By the way, after reinstalling from the CD, I went through your online registration process since I could not remember if I ever registered my printer.  The process mandates that I provide the purchase date.  I faked the date because it was a few years ago and I could not remember it.  Your registration process needs the option "I do not remember" for the purchase date, or else make the date optional. 

Tutor
DERoss
Message 6 of 12 (228 Views)

Per the recommendation in Jerends's reply of 8 July, I downloaded the HP Color LaserJet Plug and Play Package,  I installed it while logging all changes to my Windows registry and files.  This did not correct my Toolbox problem.  The log I obtained during the installation showed no changes to anything containing "Toolbox", for neither the registry nor the files.  

Without a functioning Toolbox, I do not know how to force a color calibration, adjust warnings, or execute any other Toolbox functions. 

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 7 of 12 (219 Views)

Sorry for the delay in reply.

I have done a little more looking into the situation, I think I found something that would be worth a try. The error in the document is not an error you have mentioned, but it to me sounds like the steps would work the same.

'Toolbox is not available because the printer driver is not installed' Error Message Displays When O....

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
DERoss
Message 8 of 12 (213 Views)

The link you supplied to  "'Toolbox is not available because the printer driver is not installed' Error Message Displays When Opening the Printer Toolbox" is quite involved.  Printing that Web page results in 7 pages of hardcopy. 

Before I attempt to follow those instructions, please consider the following and then confirm that my problem might thus be corrected: 

*  I have never received the indicated error message. 

*  I appear to have two-way communication between my PC and printer.  This is evidenced by the fact that I can get the toner status per the attached JPEG image (printer  to PC) as well as printing (PC to printer). 

*  The problem did not appear until some of my toner cartridges became empty and I replaced them with HP cartridges. 

HPstatus.jpg

Tutor
DERoss
Message 9 of 12 (180 Views)

Has JERENDS or anyone else looked at my 14 July reply?  It has been over a week. 

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 10 of 12 (171 Views)

My apologises for the delay in replay.

I have been looking into this problem since the last we spoke, I have not found much more information. Most of what I have found states the HP Toolbox does not work on Windows 7 anymore.

Why yours was working and only failed to work when you replaced some ink cartridges, I do not know. There have been workarounds for some features, however, none for cleaning or aligning.

I am sorry to be the bearer of this news, but I can not locate anymore useful troubleshooting. If I do happen to come across more information in the future, I will relay it back to you.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation