Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can Photosmart C6180  support Apple Airprint - I want to print from my Ipad. Are there setup steps I should make or Is there a driver download to facilitate this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

The C6180 does not AirPrint compatible.

However you may still print by using the HP ePrint Home & Biz App.

You may find out how to get and use the app below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02775166

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for response.

I have sucessfully downloaded App and loaded it on my Ipad. I have carried out the registration with HP but when I try to use the print function on the iPad it does not find my network printer. I have rechecked that I have setup the wireless printer and MS says it has been sucessfully installed and prints a test page OK.

I am now at a loss what to do now! can anyone help please.

Clingt

HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure the iPad connected to the same network as the printer and the PC.

Obtain the printer IP address, then check if you may see the printer homepage by typing the IP into the address bar of Safari:

You may locate the IP by clicking the setup button of the printer:

then browse to Network > View Network Setttins

If the issue persists, try following the steps below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02846746

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended
I have now printed photos and mail attachments, but cannot print email body text or notes is this not possible with eprint?

Colin
HP Recommended

Hi Colin,

Unfortunately it is not possible to print text content with the App, it is more intended to print files..

You may find below the App capabilities, i kept the features applies for your specific device only:

The features of HP ePrint Home & Biz depend on whether or not you have registered your mobile device at ePrintCenter.

• Take pictures.
    NOTE:Your mobile device must have a built-in camera.

• Print photos.
  • Print PDFs, including those received as Mail attachments.
  • Print text (TXT) files, including those received as Mail attachments.
  • Transfer files from your computer to your mobile device, and from your mobile device to your computer.
  • Edit photos before printing.
  • Specify main tray or photo tray, depending on the HP product.
  • Specify print settings.
In addition to the features listed in the previous section, if your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch is registered at ePrintCenter, you also have access to the following features:
*You may register the up by tapping Settings > ePrint Registration. Then provide an active email address and an activation code will be sent.
  • Print Web pages by using the embedded Web Browser.
  • Print Microsoft Office suite (Windows and Mac) documents, including those received as Mail attachments.

I hope it now fully clarifies any of the app capabilities and limitation.

Please let me know of any further queation you may have,

Shlomi

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.