Question

Student
intellect97
Message 1 of 8 (8,093 Views)

Can't clear paper jam on HP Officejet 6210

I'm getting a paper jam error msg on my HP Officejet 6210 all in one printer even though I do not see any paper jam anywhere.  I tried turning off the power and turning it back on but it still comes back.  Need some help, any suggestions?
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 8 (8,079 Views)

Re: Can't clear paper jam on HP Officejet 6210

Try following the steps at the following document.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Ronrejjr
Message 3 of 8 (7,815 Views)

the problem that you are having reguarding a paper jam when there is not one and you have tried resetting with the # and 3 and that didnt work either ... it is the timing disc located on the left side of the printer lower bottom and center of the left side. If you remove the cover you will see the logic board and some white gears and 2 ribbon cables on the right... the large white gear on the left has the timing disc attached to it, it is a clear disc with markings on it just like a timming strip but it is circular and if you manually turn the white gears on the right and watch the timming disc while doing that the disc should rotate if it does not, it has come off the shaft that it and the large white gear are attached to... simply push the disc back onto the shaft and verify that it is rotating and is in the photo sensor on the logic board. This is the cause of your problem...  smiles
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 8 (7,766 Views)

Ronrejjr wrote:
the problem that you are having reguarding a paper jam when there is not one and you have tried resetting with the # and 3 and that didnt work either ... it is the timing disc located on the left side of the printer lower bottom and center of the left side. If you remove the cover you will see the logic board and some white gears and 2 ribbon cables on the right... the large white gear on the left has the timing disc attached to it, it is a clear disc with markings on it just like a timming strip but it is circular and if you manually turn the white gears on the right and watch the timming disc while doing that the disc should rotate if it does not, it has come off the shaft that it and the large white gear are attached to... simply push the disc back onto the shaft and verify that it is rotating and is in the photo sensor on the logic board. This is the cause of your problem...  smiles

I would be very surprised if the encoder came loose from its shaft, I have never seen this and it is difficult to remove even if you are trying.  If the disc has come loose it is not likely that simply pressing it back into position would resolve the issue as the alignment is rather critical. 

This is a rather old thread but perhaps the original poster will provide more details.

Regards,

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Avatus
Message 5 of 8 (5,099 Views)

Be VERY surprised if you want, but I just opened it up and wiggled it back into place and the "jam" message went away! After 5 years, the printer finally works! Thank you so much for the tip! I was just about to throw the equipment away and be eternally skeptical of HP quality forever... I had dusted, cleaned, and fretted for so long, attempting to fix it many times. Read this thread and gave it a shot. It worked... TEN STARS for the techie who figured out this esoteric trick!!!!

Student
KatDSha
Message 6 of 8 (3,926 Views)

I am having this problem as well, and just got the printer even though it is used.  I am extremely challenged in the "technical" difficulty area. Can you explain how you removed the cover to get to the timing device?  Thank you.

Student
kb050
Message 7 of 8 (2,467 Views)

resetting the timing wheel worked on my paper jam and now is working well.  Thanks for this info.

also the cover comes off easily using a flat head screw driver. just inset in where it joins the body of the printer and twist. the cover comes off easily.

Honor Student
Patrcicia
Message 8 of 8 (1,803 Views)

Cant clear paper jam on HP Officejet 6210

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation