Question

Student
hminero
Message 1 of 4 (3,510 Views)

Can't print PDF

After installing the latest Acrobat update and/or the latest Flsh Player, I can't print PDF to most HP printers.  I say most beacuse the older HPs seem to still work.

Everything else prints, except PDF.   I've tried reinstalling the driver to no avail.  Somehow installing an older driver seems to work.

Has anyone experienced this?

Hector

Student
drclouse
Message 2 of 4 (3,468 Views)

Re: Can't print PDF

I have run across this same situation.  I was able to print pdf fine.  Last night I downloaded and installed the update from hp and now get the error message:

Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.

All my other documents print just fine, it is only the pdfs that give me this error.  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Student
terilee29
Message 3 of 4 (3,446 Views)

I had the same problem last week...was driving me crazy.  I finally saw someone mention on a message board that they downloaded 'Foxit' as their PDF reader, and everything worked fine.  They were right.  I downloaded it, and haven't had any problems since then.

Hope this helps  :smileyhappy:

Top Student
Bonniesdoll
Message 4 of 4 (3,425 Views)

Yes! I am having that problem ,too ,with my HP Photosmart Plus B209a printer. I first had problems with pdf about a month ago. I can print everything I've tried except pdf.  the printer shuts down and I get the error message' improper shutdown' and on the little printer screen it tells me to use the 'on/off' button to shut down, not the outlet. Really, what idiot would shut down a printer by pulling the plug? I'm not a computer whiz but I don't shut anything down by pulling the plug.

I updated Acrobat Reader to version 10 last night and then today did a bunch of HP diagonostic utility downloads and they all say the printer is working just fine. I did get it to print one page of a pdf document and then when I tried to print another page, it shut down just after it started printing.

I downloaded the latest full software and drivers since it was put out after I purchased my printer. I don't know if it has anything to do with IE8 or not, but I had no trouble printing pdf docs until recently.

My printer is just over a year old and I recently updated to IE8. I'm running Windows XP,sp3 and have not had any problems printing anything until just last month and before this printer I had an HP 1510-PSC all in one and had no problems with it printing anything.

I wonder if thy program printers to fail soon as the warranty runs out  so they can sell service plans or make you go buy a different printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation