Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP P1102w LaserJet printer and I am trying to remove the cartridge so I can replace it. I have done this a dozen times but this cartridge is catching on the left side when I try to remove it. Has anyone had this problem and do you have a solution? I don't want to force it and do damage.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @123librarian

I see that you are unable to remove the toner from the Laserjet P1102w. I can help you.

Where the handle is on the toner, slightly push it up and back to unlatch it from inside, (two silver prongs hold the toner in place) then try and remove it.

The toner slides in on a groove, it might have gone crooked, which is why you are having difficulty removing it.

Try just wiggling it a bit.

I have provided a document for Replacing the Cartridge.

If the toner is definitely stuck and the printer is still in warranty, then I would recommend to call HP Tech Support and inquire about a replacement printer and toner. Call 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP Worldwide.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I had a problem on the right side when trying to remove it.   I found that there is a plastic bar that goes across the top of the cartridge.    That bar slipped out of the track on the right.   I fixed it by pulling the whole cartridge slightly to the left and using a flat head screwdrive to guide the rounded end of the bar back into the track.

Charlie

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.