HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-10-2012 06:21 AM
- Printer HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910
- Web interface (HPLIP installed on ubuntu 11.10, but problem is linked to web config.)
- "The device could not send the test e-mail message. (EmailAccounts-timeout)" when going through the full setup, and "The device could not send the test e-mail message." when testing the account after creating it from the "Outgoing Email Profiles" tab.
- No changes.
I can't cofigure the printer to send emails out using the email adress we have created exclusively for it with our domain name in Google Apps for your domain. The settings test ok for the email alerts.
I'm using these settings:
- Server: smtp.google.com
- Port: 587 (also tried 465)
- username: email@example.com
- good password, copied and pasted to make sure there are no typo's.