Can you print just black on the HP OfficeJet 8500A? Can the color be disabled? (1436 Views)
Honor Student
ethansmom
Message 1 of 6 (1,436 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can you print just black on the HP OfficeJet 8500A? Can the color be disabled?

I just purchased a HP OfficeJet 8500A and love it!!!  I was told that you can print in grey scale or black and white instead of using the color all the time.  How do I do that?  I know how to change from color to black and white in scanning, but what about printing.  Can it be disabled.  I do a download each month of about 800 and do not want to use my color ink.  Want it in black and white.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (1,412 Views)

Re: Can you print just black on the HP OfficeJet 8500A? Can the color be disabled?

Hi,

There is a place to select "Grey scale" and a button "Defaults". Click that button, the printer should print only black & white (unless select colors again).

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Grad Student
ashu_b
Message 3 of 6 (1,412 Views)

Re: Can you print just black on the HP OfficeJet 8500A? Can the color be disabled?

Hello,

For a permanent change to any driver settings for all your print jobs, you can go to your print driver, mine is here (Win 7):

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

Once you go there, right click on your printer, select Printing Preferences>Click Advanced Button> Choose the Print in Grayscale setting required. You can do other settings at this place as well.

These settings should stick with all the print jobs you send to the printer.

Hope this helps.

I work for HP.
Honor Student
ethansmom
Message 4 of 6 (1,401 Views)

Thank you for your help.

Honor Student
ethansmom
Message 5 of 6 (1,399 Views)

Not enough information.  I received help from someone else.  Next time, be more specific.  Thanks for your help anyway.

Honor Student
GregoryGregoryG
Message 6 of 6 (943 Views)

I print from an Imac and I want to print in black & white only sometimes how do I enable Black & white printing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation