Question

Student
msipper
Message 1 of 5 (1,647 Views)

Cannot Print in Color with HP c410 Photosmart Premium

I  have a brand new HP c410 photosmart premium printer/fax/copier/scanner with brand new ink cartridges and cannot print in color.

The ink cartridges are all snapped in fully to the properly (shaped-matched) ink slot.  The options in Microosft word of the colored document are all set to print in color.  I also tried to copy in color with no luck.

My device did report an error of alignment failed.  I follow the HP instructions to fix by going to Setup --> Tools --> Align printer and that failed as well with no further instructions.

Please Help

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 5 (1,608 Views)

Re: Cannot Print in Color with HP c410 Photosmart Premium

Hi,

You've tried some of the basic troubleshooting.  You might begin with step 3 of this document to ensure the cartridges are properly vented.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Student
Brucee123
Message 3 of 5 (1,572 Views)

We just purchased the above printer from Sam's Club & got it all set up and it will not print in color.  This morning I went  to try to print again & it said it was not aligned???  Everything seems to be O.K.  what's the problem or do I need to take this printer back?

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 4 of 5 (1,542 Views)

HI,

You might try step 3 of this document Alignment Failed error

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Student
DentistDeb
Message 5 of 5 (1,476 Views)

OK HP, I also purchased this Photosmart C410 yesterday at Best Buy.  It is right out of the box and set up and will not print in color.  There are several posts (and lots of views) on this subject is this a concern with this product?  Please issue a comment so we know if this is a resolvable issue or the product should be returned.  I have run the troubleshooting ideas suggested with out success.  This is a waste of time and frustrating.  I may come home with a Canon, Kodak. or Epson today!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation