Question

Honor Student
MargieARK
Message 1 of 3 (354 Views)

Cannot change the printing preferences

First I had a paper jam, took off th duplexer and removed it, put duplexer back on.  When I print, it works, but it won't let me change the printing preferences.  It's like it's not an option, never comes up.  Would someone please help?  Thank you.  I have a deskjet Model C8970A and never had this problem before.  Great printer otherwise.

Tutor
pratham135
Message 2 of 3 (351 Views)

Re: Cannot change the printing preferences

Either you can try to download HPPDU ( HP Printer Diagnostic utility) from the hp website by clicking ont he support and drivers and putting the product number and selecting the os of the computer. And then try to run that application. And then let me know.

I think that will resolved most of the printer issues.

Hp Support
Honor Student
MargieARK
Message 3 of 3 (344 Views)

Re: Cannot change the printing preferences

I already did that and got all green cks on it.  I also keep getting a pop up saying "found new hardware"....but that's been doing that since someone at HP helped me with another problem several months ago.  I just ignore it.  Hate to tell you, but you are dealing with a 75 yo woman....I try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation