09-21-2010 06:14 AM
First I had a paper jam, took off th duplexer and removed it, put duplexer back on. When I print, it works, but it won't let me change the printing preferences. It's like it's not an option, never comes up. Would someone please help? Thank you. I have a deskjet Model C8970A and never had this problem before. Great printer otherwise.
09-21-2010 07:00 AM
Either you can try to download HPPDU ( HP Printer Diagnostic utility) from the hp website by clicking ont he support and drivers and putting the product number and selecting the os of the computer. And then try to run that application. And then let me know.
I think that will resolved most of the printer issues.
09-21-2010 07:11 AM
I already did that and got all green cks on it. I also keep getting a pop up saying "found new hardware"....but that's been doing that since someone at HP helped me with another problem several months ago. I just ignore it. Hate to tell you, but you are dealing with a 75 yo woman....I try.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper