Question

Student
uwegrzynowicz
Message 1 of 3 (2,781 Views)

Carriage Jam with Officejet pro 8500a Plus

i have the hp officejet pro 8500a plus all in one printer. i have a carriage jam that i cannot clear up although I have cleared the paper jam. I have watched a YOU TUBE video and followed all the steps and yet I still have the same error

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 3 (2,768 Views)

Re: Carriage Jam with Officejet pro 8500a Plus

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with this one, I've attached a link below to a long but very thorough document that walks through some very specific steps to resolve.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01618274&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Teacher
BenAM
Message 3 of 3 (2,765 Views)

Re: Carriage Jam with Officejet pro 8500a Plus

Hi uwegrzynowicz!

Here's a link to thorough troubleshooting steps for clearing that jam/message:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02150655&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4116838&tmp...

It sounds like you've been through a fair portion of the steps in there already, but you may be able to find something in there that you haven't tried yet (and the steps in this document give you the best odds of resolving the issue, by far). Give it a shot, and let me know whether or not it's successful!

--
If my answer was helpful, please click the "Kudos" star.
If your problem is solved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.
Note: Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation