Carriage Stall (459 Views)
Honor Student
eaglesfan
Message 1 of 5 (459 Views)

Carriage Stall

My Hp 6310 printer is working OK but I keep receiving an error message re: carriage jam.  I have done everything on the HP support site to correct the problem.  I can print a self-test page and finally was able to align the cartridges.  In the past the cartridges moved when I lifted the cover; not now.  The HP printer utility says "carriage stall" for status.  Any ideas would be most appreciated.  Thanks.  

Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 2 of 5 (445 Views)

Re: Carriage Stall

I don't mean for you to repeat steps you've already been told, but just to make sure all the steps have been followed, here's a video explaining how to fix recurring carriage jams. Have you already tried all these steps?

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
eaglesfan
Message 3 of 5 (439 Views)

Yes, thanks, I saw the video and followed all the steps before I posted the message. .  I made some additional adjustments and got the  the status to return to  "idle."  I printed one page from MS Word, then got the beep and the error message again.  The printer utility read: 

he print cartridge cradle cannot move. 

So I moved the cradle a little away from it's right sided parking spot, then was able to print.

Guess the cartridge cradle is getting stuck in park.  That may also explain why I don't see movement when I lift cover.

So, what causes this/how to fix it?

Thanks again.

Lisa 

Honor Student
eaglesfan
Message 4 of 5 (436 Views)

Perhaps it's the "clutch".  I was using stuck in park as a metaphor but perhaps I was onto something!  I saw a post on another site that suggested adjusting the clutch.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 5 of 5 (411 Views)

Lisa,

The video includes the steps that work most of the time and end with what to do if there's a hardware problem (broken printer).  If the printer is broken, the next step is to service the printer.  The steps you're trying there are ones that a service center might try.  

Since it's already not working, it can't hurt to try some different things to fix it on your own.  I don't have any servicing suggestions for this model that would help.  

Anybody else have some servicing suggestions to help here?

Sorry I wasn't more help.  

Skippyjohnson

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation