Question

Student
anhtruong52
Message 1 of 34 (17,987 Views)

Carriage jam on PhotoSmart All-In-One C5280

Hi, I have message error Carriage jam on PhotoSmart All-In-One C5280! I did verify every thing carefully and found no obstacle at all, I did reset, re-start many times ... but it it still show the same error!

I also do as suggested with the same problem with other type C2610 (in this forum) ... but it still doesn't work!

However, in may case when I move the Carriage ... it is movable without any problem!

Someone having the same problem with C5280? Or it has problem with mechanic parts? Is there any US Technical support phone number or Email?

Thank to any reply!

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 34 (17,971 Views)

Re: Carriage jam on PhotoSmart All-In-One C5280

Hi,

The doc below may be of help

Carriage Jam or carriage blocked on PS C5280

For support no.s, check out this page

Hope this helps..

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
hpeastchester
Message 3 of 34 (17,437 Views)

i have the same problem, did everything suggested and more, still not working.  Help!!

Student
dbburks
Message 4 of 34 (15,163 Views)

My C5280  carrige will not move across the metal bar  and i get an error message of a carriage jam.

I have followed the trouble shooting online site  and the same error message occurs.

it appears that the portion that holds the ink cartriges is not engaging to allow the ink cartridges to move across the bar     once  I manually  lift up the ink carts, i can slide them across the bar,  but it will not work on its own

Honor Student
TiPunK
Message 5 of 34 (13,833 Views)

Same problem too... Nothing to do with this ?
Honor Student
seabazz
Message 6 of 34 (13,634 Views)

What happened in your case?  I am ready to take a baseball bat to my printer.  A new one only costs $50 so I can't see that I would spend money to fix this junk.  What did you end up doing because I have the same thing, full movement on my carriage, nothing could be stuck in there, it actually moves when the printer comes on but I still get this error message of a carriage jam. 

Please help me out.  Thanks.

Student
Nine2Five
Message 7 of 34 (13,260 Views)

This is the second one with problems. There isnt a jam, turned it off, unplugged it, many times. Ready for a Epson or equivalent, NOT HP
Honor Student
zaggat1
Message 8 of 34 (12,326 Views)

Have a carriage jam after using this printer for a couple of years. NO visible jam, checked everything. Turned ON/OFF. Even reset . But nothing. Getting tired of HP printers when the ink gives out earlier than they are supposed to and you can see that the company has fixed the error messages so you would go out and buy more ink. Also I am sure there is a way to fix these error messages but the company wants to get money through providing service for these crappy FAKE messages. Thats it for HP printers and my relationship. NO MORE!!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 9 of 34 (12,284 Views)

Carriage jam on PhotoSmart All-In-One C5280

zaggat1

I know these things can tend to be quite frustrating. Have you been through the steps listed in this article?
http://goo.gl/jmF8n
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
seabazz
Message 10 of 34 (12,282 Views)

yeah found that article the first day of the problem.  but this solution is called 'clearing a carriage jam'.  I'm looking for an article that helps me 'clearning a carriage jam error message when there is no carriage jam at all, where the carriage is actually moving very well but i can't use my printer at all because of this message so this expensive printer is now just a nice piece of furniture".  Yeah I'm looking for a solution like that.  ANYONE FROM HP DEAL WITH THOSE ISSUES?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation