Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Photosmart Printer prints the pages in reverse order. How can I change it so that it prints starting with the first page of the document?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi nrCoqui32     

It seems you need to change the layout options in your printer preferences. By default this is usually set to print the last page of a document  first so the pages are in order for picking up  a complete multi page document from the printer.

Without knowing your operating system and exact printer model number I cannot give you detailed instructions

Open control panel then printers , right click on the printer and then click properties it will open a multi tabbed window.

In that window click on printing preferences which will open another window  called    Printer Name - printer properties

Click on the advanced tab and you should see  Layout options front to back or Back to front

Select the back to front  , then apply should cause the printer to print the 1st page of your document first.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
HP Recommended
What if it's a Photosmart B210?
HP Recommended
On Windows 8
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.