Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Make sure that the size setting in the paper tray is correct. I had the problem and checking the tray setting worked, when paper is put into the tray and the tray is closed to hard it can come out of adjustment.

HP Recommended

SOLVED:

I went to put these suggestions into effect when I was told that a second mac had no problems printing from teh CP2025.

I copied that Mac's printer configuration and settings into teh defective mac and the problems went away.

Before tinkering, see if you can locate a computer in your network that can successfully print and try to duplicate the factors that make it work OK.

Drver version may matter.

OS, margins, the works.

HP Recommended

I made the changes under the paper set up and it seemed work, oh joy! But wait, it's been a month and the print outs started having ghosting problems. I went to my customer today and chaged the type back to any size and the ghosting stopped on the very next print, so, what I did was changed the type to plain and the size to letter and left the paper out on over ride. I stayed for a while and the printer seemed ok. crossing my fingers...

HP Recommended

Solution....... Change the pickup roller, the misprint happens because the paper is lagging, to change the pickup roller you have to go into the secondary service menu, look this up on hp site. After changing the roller I printed without problems

HP Recommended

I have a little different problem with my printer, when it prints it will often blurr or partialy print words or portions of a spreadsheet it is printing. This happens when printing in either color or b/w, single sheet or duplexing, 1 page or 100 pages. All the toner cartridges have been changed and thought that may solve the issue, but it did not. I have heard this is also a problem with this printer, has anyone else had this issue and if they have solved it how did you do it. Is there a drum that can be replaced?

thanks,

HP Recommended

I tried the settings that alwinjohn posted and our cp2025 printer in working again.  We will see for how long.

It seems that the cp2025 is very sensitive to the weight of the paper that you put in the tray.

Our cp2025 has been in service for 3 years before it started the cleaning/misprinting problem.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

We just got a new CP2025 delivered to us last night to our church.  I'm the local admin tech for the church, so it was my task to install the printer drivers along with hooking up the printer.

When we(Pastor and I) installed the drivers along with the printer and printed a test page, we got these small dots along one side of the paper.  Thinking it's just some settled toner, I took each individual toner cartridge out, shook it, and replaced it.   Still got the dots.

So, we looked on the documentation that came along with the printer setup.  Nada about what to do.  Says "For Troubleshooting, call HP Support."  So i call.  the hours are from 8 to 8 Eastern, so they're closed.

My Pastor calls HP Support today - the tech tells him that "The toner cartridges in a printer that has been sitting in the warehouse will settle.  You have to clean and calibrate the printer to remove that."  So, he did, and the dots disappear.

Question is - why isn't that one of the setup steps in the paper documentation that comes with the printer?  We had cleaned the printer last night, and in calibrating it, it's not very clear on how to do so.

HP Recommended

When you change the paper setting to heavy the printer will use more toner and ghosting will start. To get rid of the misprint errors you have to change two tray #2 rollers. part # RM1-4426-000 AND RM1-4840-000. Sometimes the media guide may just be knocked back out of letter setting, it happen from loading the paper in to hard.

HP Recommended

hp 2025 printer goes cleaning mode after printing two or three pages and misprint the pages

HP Recommended

Wow, what a piece of junk. Black lines on every page. Goes into cleaning mode every time you print.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.