Clear Print Que (1534 Views)
Honor Student
DML1963
Message 1 of 4 (1,534 Views)

Clear Print Que

Any ideas on how to clear my print que?  All documents waiting in que have been deleted, however, the system is stuck on deleting one job.  I think it was sent 5 times since it is 4 pages long it the info reads 20/4 in # of pages.  I have turned off computer, rebooted, etc. etc.  I can't clear the job and nothing will print...

Honor Student
DML1963
Message 2 of 4 (1,523 Views)

Re: Clear Print Que

Was able to clear the print que by running a diagnostic Utility Program, however, when I send a new print job, it just gets stuck in the print que again, including the job that the Utility program sends as a print test.  I think it has something to do with the # of pages it shows--it shows 4/1 for a 1 page job, and 20/4 for a 5 page job.  HELP!

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 3 of 4 (1,521 Views)

Try this and then print a test page first.

Launch the Services program. (Win7\Vista-Start>Search for Services)
Look for the Print Spooler service.
Double Click on it and select Stop.
Make sure that the service status shows as Stopped

Open Windows Explorer
Navigate to: c:/windows/system32/spool/printers

Note: You may have to allow Windows Explorer to show system folders.
Once you can view the contents of that folder, you will see 1 or more document file(s).
Select the file(s) and delete them.

Go back to the Services program and restart the Print Spooler service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I do not work for HP.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (1,506 Views)

What printer model?  What operating system?  Are there any error messages or blinking lights on the printer?  It sounds like the printer is not working properly or not communicating with the computer.  I would suggest checking the printer and its connections.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation