Question

Honor Student
Richard_Kayfetz
Message 1 of 4 (1,390 Views)

Clogged Black Printhead on Photosmart C6180

Recently, I replaced a HP black cartridge on a Photosmart C6180.  Almost from the beginning, the black print quality began to deteriorate to the point that it became unreadable.  I followed the instructions for cleaning the printheads (over and over again) and ultimately worked my way through a half ream of paper and the ink in the remaining five cartridges.  I still have a printer that refuses to print black ink; however, unlike other HP printers that I have, this one seems to have integral printheads.  How do you recommend that I restore flow to the black printhead or will I have to replace the printhead and, if so, how?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Re: Clogged Black Printhead on Photosmart C6180

The C6180 printhead is not replaceable.  If your unit is still under warranty I suggest you Contact HP.  If the unit is out of warranty are there any error messages or is it just not printing black but without error messages?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Richard_Kayfetz
Message 3 of 4 (1,376 Views)

There are no error messages.

Student
grovesupply
Message 4 of 4 (658 Views)

Has there been any resolution with this short of buying a new printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation