Question

Honor Student
judkatty
Message 1 of 2 (279 Views)

Color LaserJet 1600 +door of magenta toner opens and catches manual feed items

I am baffled.  I have used this printer successfully for a couple of years and all of a sudden, after loading something to manually feed, it gets stuck thus causing a paper jam.  When I open the door to correct the jam, I notice that the magenta toner door is getting stuch under the envelope that is being fed.  The toner doors should all open and shut at the same time, but the magenta toner door opens widely before the printer door is shut and before the other toner doors open.  What is wrong?  Most appreciate any help.

In addition, I cannot get a copy of the HP toolbox for my device.  Does anyone know why that is?

Intern
trying2help
Message 2 of 2 (246 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 1600 +door of magenta toner opens and catches manual feed items

You can check to see if the magenta toner door is broken. That may be the problem. See what it looks like, compared to the other cartridges.

Here is a link to the software available for the CLJ1600:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1140729&...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation