Question

Student
TRobertson
Message 1 of 10 (8,717 Views)

Color LaserJet CP2025

I have an HP Color LaserJet CP2025 printer.  The Status of the printer is "No Toner/Ink".  However, I have replaced low ink toner.  I still continue to receive this message.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to print either.  I'm guessing because of the Status message.

Furthermore, I printed a Supplies Status Page.  Each catridge is at 50% or higher.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tutor
SteveMJ
Message 2 of 10 (8,675 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet CP2025

I am having a hard time understanding your problem statement. The fact that you use toner and ink leads me to believe that you are not looking at this carefully enough.

Laser printer have no ink, and there are no messages that reference ink.

If you have replaced cartridges recently, one think to check is that you have the correct color cartridge in each position.

Also, if you are using remanufactured cartridges, sometimes the chips they use do not work correctly. Return them if this is the case. 

Also make sure that you removed the toner dams per the instructions in each cartridge.

sp3 Student
Student
sp3
Message 3 of 10 (8,512 Views)

same problem using the cp2025 installed on a Windows 7 computer.  printer runs out of toner, Windows 7 gets that message, toner is replaced, printer works fine for other users - other Windows versions. on the Windows 7 computer, the printer status page - that shows documents waiting to be printed - in the title bar - shows NP18D7988 (HP Color Laserjet CP2025dn) - No Toner/Ink.   Only way I have found to get rid of that message is to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

Student
sub6fix
Message 4 of 10 (8,497 Views)

I too am having the exact same symptoms.   I replaced the black toner cartridge in my CP2025, and my Windows 7 computer is reporting the status as "Printer: No toner/ink"  Oddly enough, only the Windows 7 machine see that as the status.  The Windows Vista machine can still print fine, as can the Windows XP machine.  I would imagine that it has something to do with using a Universal Print driver in Windows 7.  HP, please advise!

Student
Bernard_J_L
Message 5 of 10 (8,427 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet CP2025 - Windows 7 - Does not recover when toner cartridge is replaced.

We are having the same problem here with Windows 7.  This machine printed a document, the toner was low.  We replaced the toner. 

Now we cannot use the printer it is always in a "Printer:  No toner/ink" state when in fact there is toner.  Other machines on the network can print just fine.  Status on the printer is also showing no problems.

A reboot of the machine does not clear this up. 

What is going on?  How can we clear this without deleting the printer?

Is there an updated driver?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
lostpotential
Message 6 of 10 (8,374 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet CP2025 - Windows 7 - Does not recover when toner cartridge is replaced.

The driver is useless on Windows 7. HP has failed with this one. That aside, I found in my case I could go into the printer's properties and create a new port. I'm using my HP2025 over the network so I created a new standard TCP/IP port with the printer's IP address. As soon as I hit apply it started printing. This redirects the printer from the flawed UPD port to a real IP "port"

HP really should put more effort into their UPD design on Windows 7. I can't say enough about how horrible it is.

Student
donato
Message 7 of 10 (8,365 Views)

Only solution I've found is go to Devices and Printers, delete the printer and reinstall it. Only takes a couple of minutes. There may be other settings in the Networking options on the printer that would solve the issue once and for all, but I don't want to experiment and risk losing connectivity altogether.

Student
KennerC
Message 8 of 10 (7,628 Views)

I have deletdd and reinstalled it works for a day then comes back. Other pc's print fine, did a supply print sheet on printer got 99% black, 32% on each color.

Student
hpallover
Message 9 of 10 (7,605 Views)

[ Edited ]

While the OP could have been a bit more clear on the origin of the error message, the first reply might as well not have been posted.

There is a reference to "No Toner/Ink" which comes from Windows itself (Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 to name two) and the is due to the virtual port created by the UPD installer. I had this issue with only some of the HP LaserJets in my deployment as these were the first printers of each model set up using the UPD wizard and the additional printers were set up manually in which case I manually created the TCP/IP port.

Creating a new TCP/IP port for the printers that had this error message resolved the issue and all printers are now working well.

Student
SamCE
Message 10 of 10 (1,868 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation