Question

Honor Student
Chazbutt
Message 1 of 2 (846 Views)
Accepted Solution

Compatible HP Ink Cartridges

[ Edited ]

I am an American, retired Air Force, living in England.  I bought a HP Photosmart C4580 printer in the United Kingdom (due to power supplies).  It uses cartridges HP350 and HP351. I have access to the American Air Base here and wonder if there is a compatible ink cartridge I could use?  Will the HP74XL and HP75 cartridges work? Thank You.  Charles H. Sechrest

<text deleted>

Message Edited by WendyM on 10-02-2009 03:21 PM
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (820 Views)

Re: Compatible HP Ink Cartridges

Chazbutt wrote:

I am an American, retired Air Force, living in England.  I bought a HP Photosmart C4580 printer in the United Kingdom (due to power supplies).  It uses cartridges HP350 and HP351. I have access to the American Air Base here and wonder if there is a compatible ink cartridge I could use?  Will the HP74XL and HP75 cartridges work? Thank You.  Charles H. Sechrest

No, the 74 and 75 cartridges will not work in a C4580 that is configured for the 350/351.  In some cases it is possible to have a printer configured for one region to be reconfigured for a new region but I do not believe your case would fit.  You could contact HP, if they were to agree to change the region they would have to provide the details of how to do that for your machine.  To change the region you would need to have access to your printer and computer and the cartridges for the new region available while online with HP.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation