Continuous paper jam message HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m (6812 Views)
Student
pat-75
Message 1 of 5 (6,812 Views)

Continuous paper jam message HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m

[ Edited ]

No jam, paper will not feed, get message again and again paper jam. Even with no paper in hopper.  If i stuff the paper way up inside it feeds completely through the machine.  Was working fine printing 12 of 14 pages then it started the no feed paper jam.  tried many levels of paper in the tray will not feed unless i jam it in halfway.  then it feeds the single or whole pile (what ever amount that is pushed way in) all the way through. There is no paper stuck in the machine, anywhere, I have looked very carefully.  My thought is something is broken inside or a switch that's popped out that starts the initial paper feed.  When i look in where the paper lies the driver arm is stuck up not down on the paper.  It is stuck in the up position i put a very slight pressure on it to see if i could manually bring it down to contact paper but it would not move it was solid in the up position.  I can assume that it drops down when printer is told to print but it doesnt come down just get upper rollers running.  Thank you very much for your time and help

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 5 (6,774 Views)

Re: Continuous paper jam message HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m

Hi pat-75,

Try following this document

If these troubleshooting steps don't work, I'd advise contacting phone support.

Kind Regards, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
dochvactech
Message 3 of 5 (2,436 Views)

Duh Dumbass Did you not read the O P it stated quite clearly there was no paper jammed!!!!  I have same problem Continous Paper Jam alerts and there is no paper jammed in it So Miss Smarty Pants How do I clear the Message ?

Honor Student
dochvactech
Message 4 of 5 (2,435 Views)

Duh Dumbass Did you not read the O P it stated quite clearly there was no paper jammed!!!! I have same problem Continuous Paper Jam alerts and there is no paper jammed in it So Miss Smarty Pants How do I clear the Message ?
Regents Professor
lions99
Message 5 of 5 (2,377 Views)

@ pat-75, just too piggy back off what Ciara_B said, the document she provided is the correct document for the false paper jam you are receiving.

Also, make sure and do a hard reset with the printer.

Hard Reset: 

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall 

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector) 

Let me know the outcome.

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation