Question

Honor Student
kjut
Message 1 of 9 (4,881 Views)

Custom Paper Size does not work

Hi,

I have a HP Photosmart B8550. I want to print on 12x18 paper and there are no paper size options for this. Also in the print window it does not allow me to enter a custom paper size.  When I use this paper size I have to select 13x19 and my image gets cropped. If I select let the printer define by driver it goes with 8.5x11.

How do I get the custom paper size box not to be gray so I can select it?

What options are for printing on 12x18?

thanks!

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 9 (4,863 Views)

Re: Custom Paper Size does not work

One way is to go to the "Properties" and the "Features" and enter your paper size under "Custom" and enter a name ie 12x18

and save.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
hschiefer
Message 3 of 9 (4,840 Views)

I have a C4180 All-In-One and have the same problem. It seems I just used this feature at Christmas time though to do our cards and envelopes. Suddenly the option to create a custom paper size is gone.

I've been very, very disappointed with HPs ability to make models compatible with Windows 7. How is it that I lose all of my features upon upgrading to a new OS? Maybe the next printer won't be HP.

I'd love to hear a solution for this problem as well.

Heather M Schiefer
Independent Visual Artist
VanityAsArt.com
Student
goHP010
Message 4 of 9 (4,577 Views)

Count me in same problem with an Officejet 7000

Honor Student
Neil44
Message 5 of 9 (4,053 Views)

For some reason Microsoft and HP are not on the same page when it comes to custom paper sizes. This is from

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.printing.papersize.aspx

' Create a PaperSize and specify the custom paper size through the constructor and add to combobox.
Dim pkCustomSize1 As New PaperSize("Custom Paper Size", 100, 200)

The result is suppose to be a papersize  that the user can then print to.  But it doesn't work. The result is the printer prints to the default papersize.  The above command works in Canon drivers. 

So what's up?  Searching the net it is obvious there is a problem.

Honor Student
2panic
Message 6 of 9 (906 Views)

I have a Photosmart estn C510.  It worked perfectly with Windows 7, but now having same problem, with windows 8 it does not offer me all the options for printing photos as before, such as 4X6 borderless, etc. instead when it prints when I select 4X6, it doesn't fill the entire photo paper.  I have tried custom, sizes and nothing works.  Luckily I still have my Windows 7 desktop, so can print all the size photos that I want. Also, frequently, I am no longer in windows 8 given the option to print 2 sided.  Very frustrated.  Please let me know if anyone has a solution. I have gone into all the advanced, features, properties, etc. screens and seems to no longer be a way to do the different sizes of photo papers, with tabs, etc....

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 7 of 9 (883 Views)

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you do not have all of the print preferences on your Windows 8 PC. I would like to do my best to help.

I would suggest running the Printer Install Wizard for Windows to ensure the very full feature software and driver are installed, which may bring back all of the printing preferences.

I hope this helps!

Take care:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
2panic
Message 8 of 9 (879 Views)

Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!  I installed the drivers you sent link to, and all my options are back and printing is great again!  i really appreciate you fast response and assistance. 

Student
shiina
Message 9 of 9 (354 Views)

i did install wizard, it just downloading the driver. i already installed the driver by disc, but still the custom paper size doesnt show. pls help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation