Question

Honor Student
jcgage0
Message 1 of 6 (5,599 Views)

Custom Printing on 8.5x5.5 paper

I'm trying to print wedding invitations on 8.5x5.5 inch card stock, but my J4680 doesn't have a setting for this paper size.  It will print the document at the correct size on an 8.5x11 sheet (shifted into the corner), but when I try to feed the 5.5x8.5 it gives a "paper size does not match settings" type error.  I can print on the 8.5x5.5 when I set the printer settings to 8x5, but it scales that text down for the 8x5 and is not centered on the 5.5x8.5 paper. 

The setting in Windows word 2007 is already set to 5.5x8.5

Please help.   Thanks

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (5,598 Views)

Re: Custom Printing on 8.5x5.5 paper

What operating system? Have you tried defining a custom paper size?  Are you feeding the 5.5" part into the printer or the 8.5" side?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
jcgage0
Message 3 of 6 (5,596 Views)

Windows VISTA

Honor Student
jcgage0
Message 4 of 6 (5,594 Views)

Windows VISTA

I have not found a custom paper size option in the HP print properties options, but I have set page size in Word 2007 to 5.5x8.5.

I'm feeding the 5.5 side and I have not tried the 8.5 side.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 6 (5,575 Views)

In the HP drivers 5.5" x 8.5" is called "Statement" size.  You may also be able to define a custom size by going to the Printers folder, right-click on a blank spot, Run as Administrator, Server Properties, and then define a new form size.  Feeding the 5.5" side would correct.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
jcgage0
Message 6 of 6 (5,570 Views)

Statement is not currently an option in my print properties, but when I add a form the way you described it shows up as an option.  However, when I add statement as a form and go back to my word file to print statement still doesn't show up as an option.  I'm going to try a restart after adding the form.  Any thoughts?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation