D7160 printer: Yellow Ink Cartridge Error (940 Views)
Student
Jean-Pierre
Message 1 of 4 (940 Views)

D7160 printer: Yellow Ink Cartridge Error

Hello,

I've tried changing the yellow cartridge in my D7160 printer and my printer doesn't seem to recognize the new cartridge and will only print in black and white bc of it. I've learned since that this "yellow ink" problem is happening to a TON of people (look it up on online - it's on blogs everywhere!) This seems like a huge scam. They have been selling a printer that should have been recalled. I've already wasted money on (2) ink cartidges to find out that the ink was never the problem. I have this problem since I've installed Win7 (64bit) HP Solution center update.

HP (or anyone else) can you please give me a sollution for this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Pierre

Netherlands

Student
nelzoni
Message 2 of 4 (894 Views)

Re: D7160 printer: Yellow Ink Cartridge Error

I have the same annoying problem with the HP7160 and I received no help from HP.  Now I cannot even get it to print in Black and White.  Worse yet I have a drawer full of HP 02XL cartridges  and none of the newer printers use the 02 cartridges.  What a scam!  When I replace this printer I will puurchase aything but an HP unless they fix this problem promptly.     

Student
vztime
Message 3 of 4 (809 Views)

Yes, I found out the hard way also. My C6180 said yellow was low...bought a new one, installed it, said still low. Assumed it was a bad pack, back to best buy, convince them I wasn't trying to pull something by showing both yellow units...they gave me another, I installed, same mesage and that is when I googled and found I wasn't alone.  :smileysad:

Student
Cyberpunkboy
Message 4 of 4 (296 Views)

I am now experiencing the same problem myself. Have now purchased four cartridges and the printer recognises none!

Come on HP, this is suppose to be a support forum...... support?

Anyone got any solutions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation