Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet 6500 wireless all in one printer.  I cannot read the display screen on the printer.  I have uninstalled and re-installed but no difference. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well if you unplugged it from the wall outlet and waited and plugged it back in and it still has an issue I suspect it needs service.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Well what exactly is the issue?  No display?  Garbled display?  Random characters? 

HP Recommended

IT IS A GARBLED DISPLAY. 

HP Recommended

Let's try this.  With the power on, unplug the unit and wait 5 mins.  Plug it back in.  Status?

HP Recommended

Shut it down and restarted.  The screen is the same, garbled and looks like there are  2 straight lines going across the screen.

HP Recommended

Well if you unplugged it from the wall outlet and waited and plugged it back in and it still has an issue I suspect it needs service.

HP Recommended

The screen went out on my J6480 after 13 months of occasional home use.  I called hp for help and  the tech told me in no uncertain terms that after they sent me through a simple reboot and nothing changed that the screen could not be repaired.  I suggested sending it in for repair (1 month out of warranty) that it would cost me  more than a new printer.  

This is why I will never buy another HP product EVER.

HP Recommended

There is nothing in the display screen.  It is lit up but no icons, buttons, nothing.  If I press on home I can hear it "click" and same with the back arrow.  I can print via the computer and scan via the computer, but I can't copy because I can't see anything.

HP Recommended

HI   THI  SCREEN  IS  APPEAR   TOME   NAD  PRINTER  DOSENOT    WORK 

ENERGY  STAR     hp      that  screen  show

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.