Question

Student
GARDEN
Message 1 of 12 (14,640 Views)

DOCUMENT STUCK IN PRINT QUEUE

My HP OFFICEJET J4580 ALL-IN-ONE printer has document in print queue that I cannot remove.   I've tried "deleting" it and the document shows "deleting" as the status.   I am unable to print anything as long as that document is stuck in the queue.  

How do I get this document out?????

Note:  This "stuck" document shows USB001 under "PORT" when I look at the document in the queue.   No other documents show anything in the Port info.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 12 (14,628 Views)

Re: DOCUMENT STUCK IN PRINT QUEUE

[ Edited ]

Please download and run the Print Diagnostic Utility. It can clear the print jobs for you. Just run it, click on Diagnose, then click on Fix.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
jiacai74
Message 3 of 12 (11,285 Views)

Hi, I have the same issue of the document being stuck in the printing queue  (all printing jobs are stuck, no exception). I tried uninstalling the printer and the driver software, and reinstalling them, to no avail. Then I downloaded the HP  Print Diagnostic Utility, and tried to run it. However, each time I double clicked the application, it only showing "Extracting xx%..."; when extracting was done, nothing else happens. Everything just sits there... what else can I do to tackle the problem?

Thank you for your support in advance.

Honor Student
jiacai74
Message 4 of 12 (11,284 Views)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the printer I have is Deskjet F4480, and my OS is Windows Vista.... if this helps.

Student
HPvictum
Message 5 of 12 (11,041 Views)

When I do this, it just tells me that it is unable to connect with the selected printer. Duh!! That's why I'm asking for help for crying out loud!!
Student
Janicepalmer3
Message 6 of 12 (6,833 Views)

I have just installed a new HP 1050 printer and cannot get it to print.      I had a message that a document is stuck in the print queue, but cannot get it to delete.      How can I get my printer to work.      Can you help.

Student
joebleau64
Message 7 of 12 (6,464 Views)

How to you remove a DOCUMENT STUCK IN PRINT QUEUE of a HP 5600 printer

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 8 of 12 (6,463 Views)

Hi Joebleau64,

Try the Hp Print and Scan Doctor.  It fixes many common printing problems.

Hp Print and Scan Doctor

Retired
Antonius_L
Message 9 of 12 (4,738 Views)

Student
fnztoni
Message 10 of 12 (2,089 Views)

have 7 documents stuck in print que and printer won't print any of them

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation