02-17-2014 02:25 AM
My HP Officejet 6500 E710a-f is fitted with a Gadget for Duplex Printing.
That notwithstanding, the Print Settings do not provide an option for automatic Duplex Printing. The Settings only provide for a "Print One Sided" under which there is a Sub-Option that provides for "Manually Print on Both Sides" with the Intruction "Reload Paper when prompted to print the second side".
Have I perhaps looked for the Duplex Printing Option at the wrong place OR would there perhaps be something wrong with my Printer/Software?
More to the point, do I need to do anything to activate the Duplex Printing capability??
02-17-2014 05:14 AM
Ensure that the driver knows that a duplex unit is present on the printer (assuming that one is):
- For the printer instance in question, bring up the Printer properties dialogue.
- Select the Device settings tab.
- Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper