Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D5460
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Haven't burned any DVD's for a while so when I fired up Photosmart Essentials 3.5 to print direcrtly onto the disc the template had vanished.

I'm sure it was under the Create heading when I last used it before I upgraded to Windows 10, I've art work I designed saved on my drive as well as ones I've downloaded from the web.

Where's it gone please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @NorskYorkie

Glad to see you are utilizing the HP forums, this is a great question other customers may be wondering about too! 

Although there is software for the newer operating system version such as Windows 8 and Windows 10, the CD/DVD printing feature was omitted from the software, I believe this feature has become obsolete. You might be able to find a 3rd part software program that allows you to print on CD/DVDs that you could download and use. I suggest using Google to see what is available. If you can not find anything, you might consider using this printer with an older OS. 

I am sure this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but if this satisfies your inquiry, please consider marking this post as solved by clicking Accepted as Solution below so others can find the answer more efficiently.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @NorskYorkie

Glad to see you are utilizing the HP forums, this is a great question other customers may be wondering about too! 

Although there is software for the newer operating system version such as Windows 8 and Windows 10, the CD/DVD printing feature was omitted from the software, I believe this feature has become obsolete. You might be able to find a 3rd part software program that allows you to print on CD/DVDs that you could download and use. I suggest using Google to see what is available. If you can not find anything, you might consider using this printer with an older OS. 

I am sure this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but if this satisfies your inquiry, please consider marking this post as solved by clicking Accepted as Solution below so others can find the answer more efficiently.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply, I did Google but didn't find one I liked as much as the HP one.

I do think a nicely printed DVD for things such as a wedding looks better than a hand written label, especially with my handwriting 🙂

HP Recommended

I, too, miss the print on disk feature in Windows 10 HP software.

Just wondering...

1) HP sold the Photosmart C5500 mashine primarily as a PRINT ON DISK printer.

2) That's why I bought the Photosmart C5500 machine; to print on disks.

3) So, I'm angry that HP would sell a machine that had this wonderful feature, then omit it from its Win 10 software?

:manmad:

HP Recommended

Cant understand why cd/dvd printing was omitted now i cant print on my blank cd/dvd anymore. Why was this omitted after payin a load of money for the printer why did'nt they leave the old version so as it would work on windows 10. This is really annoying. I will now have to go and buy another printer that will print on cd's but i can tell you it wont be a hp printer pile of rubbish.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.