DeskJet 5550 won't print after installing new black ink cartridge. (5155 Views)
Tutor
DearAbbe
Message 1 of 6 (5,155 Views)
Accepted Solution

DeskJet 5550 won't print after installing new black ink cartridge.

I recently got a new Dell computer with Windows Vista 64-bit OS.  Printer was working fine until I replaced the black ink cartridge.  It printed out the check page like normal after installing the cartridge but will not print anything else now.  Not even a test page.  I tried pulling the cartridge out and putting it back in.  Tried unplugging the plugs on the back of the printer and plugging back in.  Tried turning the printer off and back on.  Also tried restarting the computer.  I downloaded the HP Print Diagnostic Report and it could not find any problems.  Could there be a problem with the ink cartridge itself?
Student
Tigger555
Message 2 of 6 (5,123 Views)

Re: DeskJet 5550 won't print after installing new black ink cartridge.

I'm having the same problem with my Photosmart all in one 7180 printer. I put in a new black ink and nothing.  Also when I try to run the aligning printer it says plain white paper required. I have tried several brands of plain white paper and it is not reading!
Tutor
DearAbbe
Message 3 of 6 (4,952 Views)

Well first I went and bought another black ink cartridge to rule out the cartridge being the problem.  That was not it.  So then I unplugged the printer and cleaned it thoroughly and plugged it back in.  Still didn't work.  So I went into the properties on my printer and started messing with the settings.  FINALLY I FIXED IT!  I clicked on the Advanced Tab and then clicked on Print Processor.  I then changed it to WinPrint and retried the Print Test Page on the General Tab and it worked!  Woo Hoo!
Honor Student
netiskami
Message 4 of 6 (4,017 Views)

Does not work for me. Tried the procedure, but starts printer and shoving contents of ink, but ejects empty paper. Restaring few times. Seems that some USB printing something was damaged/removed by my virus scaner or by virus.

Help.

I uninstaled the complete drivers with assistance of the original CD and reinstal the new drivers from the official side. Does the Win updates have something with shat sh...?

Honor Student
Rick_g
Message 5 of 6 (3,789 Views)

This solution worked perfectly for my HP Photosmart C7250 - Thanks!  

Tutor
DearAbbe
Message 6 of 6 (3,771 Views)

That is great to hear, Rick_g!  So glad my solution was able to help someone else.  I know how frustrating it can be . . . especially when you cannot contact Technical Support without being charged an arm and a leg!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation