10-22-2010 10:38 AM
I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit). The software CD for my DeskJet 5850 isn't compatible with Windows 7. I looked up the printer on hp.com, but they don't have any new software/drivers listed. However, there is a troubleshooting file for Windows 7. What do I need to do? Please help. HP won't help me because my warranty expired several years ago.
10-22-2010 10:56 AM
The product support page for this product indicates using an alternate driver for your printer. This means a driver for another deskjet will work for you. I've attached the document for you to follow to set up your 5850 in Windows 7. It is the Deskjet 5600 driver.
I am employed by HP
06-19-2012 02:24 PM
I have a new computer system, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. I have a very old hp deskjet 5850. I needed to put in the new patch, the hp deskjet 5600. That worked fine until my router went bad and I had to reconnect to the Internet, etc. I pulled off the 5850 driver. I re-downloaded the 5600 patch driver (a couple of times). I am printing but it will not print on legal size paper. It doesn't matter if the document is in Publisher or Word. It prints out but shrinks the whole document as if on 11 inch paper.
I have checked defaults and all the little boxes one can find! I tried to download the old 5850 driver thinking something is missing from 5600 driver. Help!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper