Question

Student
smayes55
Message 1 of 3 (6,049 Views)

DeskJet 930C ink light blinks and wont print

I replaced the ink cartridges in my Deskjet 930C about a month ago. Everything was fine until a few days ago, and now it won't print. The ink light blinks, and the printer won't do anything. I've already cleaned the cartridges, done a reset, and verified I'm using the latest driver. Not sure what else to do outside of replacing printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Gao Honor Student
Honor Student
Gao
Message 2 of 3 (6,042 Views)

Re: DeskJet 930C ink light blinks and wont print

Looks like the ink cartridge runs out of ink.  You can follow the instruction in the below link to check the ink level

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00257147&jumpid=ot_recdoc/bpa02059/en_us/c00257...

________________________________________________________________________________

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 3 (6,019 Views)

Re: DeskJet 930C ink light blinks and wont print

The Deskjet 930c will print (or at least go through the motions of printing) even if the cartrdiges are empty.  One thing to check - open the lid and note where the carriage moves.  There are molded icons in the upper part of the printer that indicate various error conditions.  (This link provides details.  It is for a different printer but should apply to the Deskjet 930 as well.)  This will likely indicate either the black or color cartridge as the source of the issue.  I would start by cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown here.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation