Deskjet 3050 paper does not feed (469 Views)
Intern
bru20
Message 1 of 2 (469 Views)

Deskjet 3050 paper does not feed

Deskjet 3050 J610a purchased new in April 2011.  Used very sparingly.  About once a month I would print a document or print a diagnostic page to keep the ink flowing.  So maybe a dozen pages printed, literally.

Yesterday went to print and paper does not feed properly.  It starts to feed, but then sort of goes sideways and stops.  Paper gets somewhat mangled from the rollers which AFAICT are working.  Status screen then says "out of paper".  If I remove and replace paper and press "ok" it does the same thing. Nothing is jammed in there, and I can see nothing is blocking the path.

Still in warranty so I contacted HP and they had me troubleshoot which basically was repeating what I had done.  No joy.  Still does not feed.

Is it possible that inside mechanism that would grab paper (or however it works) has malfunctioned?  The fact that I can see the roller working and it starts to grab the paper but then seems to meet resistance is what confuses me.

Any ideas?

Student
mflanders15
Message 2 of 2 (66 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 paper does not feed

This same issue is happening to me now! The printer is barely used but out of warranty, can someone from HP please weigh in on this???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation