01-20-2014 12:51 PM
I recently switched from a MacBook to desktop iMac computer. I am an illustrator and sell prints of my artwork that I print myself. On the laptop, full-page 8.5x11 documents printed just fine, but now on the desktop, the same printer is cutting off the bottom half-inch or so and printing it on a new page.
I've been playing around with zoom and paper size but there doesn't seem to be an option to fix this. I experimented with selecting the "border" option in printing preferences and the border went all the way to the edge of the page, while the bottom edge of the document was still cut off (so there was a strip of white space between the bottom of the document and the border). Can anyone help me?
01-29-2014 07:40 AM
Since the printer is not cutting off the bottom half inch when printing from the laptop, we know the issue is not the printer. I suspect the problem is related to the printing system on the iMac. Follow the instructions below to reset the printing system and repair your disk permissions.
Reset Printing System
Click the Apple icon ( ), and then click System Preferences.
In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan dialog box opens.
Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type the correct Name and Password.
Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
Double-click Disk Utility.
Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
Once the repair is complete, restart the computer .
Restart the computer.
Add the printer to the System Preferences, Print and Scan
- Click the Apple icon > System Preferences > Print and Scan.
- Click the little plus symbol, *add the printer (If you have 10.7 or lower)
- *If you have 10.8 or 10.9 - Select Add other Printer or Scanner
Select the printer you are adding and next to use you can either choose the printer driver or you can also use "AirPrint"
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper