Deskjet 3520 prints bottom half-inch of document on new page (343 Views)
Student
tylertot
Message 1 of 2 (343 Views)

Deskjet 3520 prints bottom half-inch of document on new page

I recently switched from a MacBook to desktop iMac computer.  I am an illustrator and sell prints of my artwork that I print myself.  On the laptop, full-page 8.5x11 documents printed just fine, but now on the desktop, the same printer is cutting off the bottom half-inch or so and printing it on a new page. 

I've been playing around with zoom and paper size but there doesn't seem to be an option to fix this.  I experimented with selecting the "border" option in printing preferences and the border went all the way to the edge of the page, while the bottom edge of the document was still cut off (so there was a strip of white space between the bottom of the document and the border).  Can anyone help me?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (301 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3520 prints bottom half-inch of document on new page

Hi tylertot,

Since the printer is not cutting off the bottom half inch when printing from the laptop, we know the issue is not the printer. I suspect the problem is related to the printing system on the iMac. Follow the instructions below to reset the printing system and repair your disk permissions.

Reset Printing System

1. Click the Apple icon ( ), and then click System Preferences.
  2. In the Hardware section, click  Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
  4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name and Password.
  6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Repair Disk Permissions (to ensure non of your permissions differ)
  1. On the Dock, click  Applications, and then click  Utilities.
  2. Double-click  Disk Utility.
  3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
  4. Click the  Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
  5. Once the repair is complete, restart the computer .
  6. Restart the computer.

Add the printer to the System Preferences, Print and Scan

1. Click the Apple icon > System Preferences > Print and Scan.
  2. Click the little plus symbol,  *add the printer (If you have 10.7 or lower)
  3. *If you have 10.8 or 10.9  - Select Add other Printer or Scanner                                                       
  4. Select the printer you are adding and next to use you can either choose the printer driver or you can also use "AirPrint"                                                                                                                   

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, thanks.
Click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation