Question

Student
jstabe1225
Message 1 of 4 (808 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 3520 will only print after computer has been restarted

I've had this printer for years and have never had a problem with printing until recently.  When I try to print something (either from a webpage or a word document), it goes through as if everything is okay and even shows the print icon down in the task bar.  But the page won't actually print until I've restarted the computer.  I've tried troubleshooting, but the troubleshooter says there's nothing wrong.  My laptop has windows 7 and when I looked for drivers, it says windows 7 has updated drivers.  I've pretty much exhausted my printer knowledge at this point! 

The only changes I've made recently are to switch from a destop that had windows vista to a laptop that has windows 7.  And it printed fine when I first made the change.

Student
leemohel
Message 2 of 4 (771 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3520 will only print after computer has been restarted

I experienced the same problem with my Deskjet F335. Have to restart my computer everytime I want to print and that ever since I've migrated to Windows 7. Was working fine with Vista. Installed the udpated drivers and still not resolved. Hoping for a resolution too.

Student
DrRycus
Message 3 of 4 (753 Views)

Have the same problem on my win2k. I gues that the "net stop spooler" is not a real solution. Have tried to find anything on HPFAQ but nothing simillar...

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 4 (701 Views)

Hi 

Do you have the same problem when attempting to print from Notepad or Wordpad?

Follow the steps in the document below. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02205477&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation