Question

Student
dbh-repairpc
Message 1 of 2 (2,562 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 5550 Cannot print the clean print cartridges page.

Deskjet 5550, Win 7 64-bit, After clicking Clean Print Cartridges, it does nothing. Power light is solid on. The menu box comes up with Click clean to clean the print cartridges now. Clicking clean makes that menu box go blank and nothing happens. No errors or  program stopped responding. Can print pictures and text fine except I need to run the utility for some minor flaws. Switched to best setting which helped a lot. Will not print the calibration page either. Prints all self tests and test page.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (2,536 Views)

Re: Deskjet 5550 Cannot print the clean print cartridges page.

[ Edited ]

I believe you can force a cleaning cycle as follows:  With the power on press and hold the power button, then press and release the X button twice quickly, then release the power button.  No page will be printed but you should hear the printer do the cleaning.  A more aggressive cleaning can be done by pressing the X button twice and the formfeed button once, and a still more aggressive cleaning by pressing the X button twice and then the formfeed button twice before releasing the power button.  

You can print a diagnostic page by holding in the power button and then pressing the X button eight times followed by the formfeed button four times, then releasing the power button.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation