Question

Student
TMoss419
Message 1 of 3 (1,558 Views)

Deskjet D4160 will not print

Hi, my dad gave me his old printer. I installed it and it worked fine for the first few weeks (Windows Vista OS) but it just stopped working out of nowhere. The ink levels are fine, there is no paper jam, but everytime I print something, it sends it to the queue and it just won't work. The power light is on.. it just doesn't seem to be making the connection?

Help please. I need this printer for my school papers.

Thanks,

TK 

Grad Student
Kryten
Message 2 of 3 (1,520 Views)

Re: Deskjet D4160 will not print

Hi TK,

It may be helpful to try out some of the suggestions at this link.  I believe that there is also a print diagnostic tool that can be downloaded to help solve printing problems.

Just expand on the Windows Vista area.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02205477&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=501857

Hope that this helps.

(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Student
marbles1
Message 3 of 3 (459 Views)

Re: Deskjet D4160 will not print

My HP D4160 is connect properly, plenty of ink, paper is not jamed; however, when I request print it does not.  Computer to printer is not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation