Question

Honor Student
TheMariner
Message 1 of 4 (2,274 Views)

Deskjet F2235 All-In-One has stopped working

Hi,

My all-in-one has stopped working. I purchased it new at Christmas 2008 and have only printed 2 test pages, but now when I turn it on all the lights on the front panel light-up & my PC says the printer is off-line. I cannot even get it to turn off by the on/off switch... I have to pull the mains plug from the back.

- I have un-installed & re-installed the software twice without improvement.
- I have replaced the USB cable without improvement.

My PC is a 2.4GHz Celeron 2 with 512 Mb RAM, XP Home SP3, 80Gb hard drive with 7Gb free.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 4 (2,272 Views)

Re: Deskjet F2235 All-In-One has stopped working

seems like a hardware issue. can you please follow THIS document and see which lights are blinking, and do the corresponding troubleshooting and see what happens?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
TheMariner
Message 3 of 4 (2,233 Views)

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for your reply. I read the page you directed me to but my situation isn't described. All my front panel lights are on, not just blinking. Even the copy number display shows 8.

This sounds terminal........

Thanks again !
Tutor
Jason
Message 4 of 4 (2,171 Views)

Hi,

You might need to call the technical support for that issue. They may be able to replace that printer.

======================================================================

Not all solutions are guaranteed to work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation