Question

Top Student
thekopps
Message 1 of 5 (4,181 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet F2480 keeps printing alignment page

I installed a new Deskjet F2480 and all was fine.  Had to replace the cartridges soon after.  I installed HP cartridges.  But now, when printing a document, it ALWAYS prints out an alignment page.  Computer has Win XP Pro, Office 2007.  I have seen some older posts with the same problem, but resolution.  Any ideas?

Top Student
thekopps
Message 2 of 5 (4,174 Views)

Re: Deskjet F2480 keeps printing alignment page

One quick sollution I just tried and its helps: after your document prints out, pull out the clean paper.  When you hear it start the alignment stuff again, press the X on the printer to cancel it.  At lease it is saving paper AND ink until someone can find a solution.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 3 of 5 (4,161 Views)

See step #1 on this page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Top Student
thekopps
Message 4 of 5 (4,135 Views)

I had already completed Page One SEVERAL times.  I did figure out a solution:  Uninstall the basic version (orginally installed from the CD when purchased).  Downloaded and installed the FULL FEATURES version.  After a few more alignment prompts, all is fine.

Student
bufasfedte
Message 5 of 5 (3,319 Views)

Photosmart C3190 - but same problem.

Wav - another cartridge empty fast function. I don't have any more ink in the color cartridge, so it's not possible to recalibrate. I did not care, I don't have to use color print. 

But - it emptied my black patron very very fast. 

Take care, don't let it print out this calibration page, I had only 30 useful onlyl text printout in one cartridge. (338)

And one thing more to be aware of: Everytime you power on the printer, it will do a cleaning process. Thats fine, but if you are going to use the card reader, it uses ink everytime you switch. A lot of ink. According to my investigation, around equilvilent to around 10 pages of black text.

Oh - if they - HP - just could make an god old DJ 720 again with USB. It never let me down like this one. And no useless crap software to clog up my computer.

HP! Please do great printers again. Please don't fill up with bad software. 

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation