Question

Student
bexkev
Message 1 of 2 (6,655 Views)

DeviceIO notification upon shut down.

Hello,

Upon shutdown my computer flags a "DeviceIO notification".  If I try to close the window it just pops back up and starts over...again and again, so I'm stuck waiting for this error message to finish doing its thing.  Having researched and identified online that "DeviceIO" is referring to hp software from my HP AIO printer, I researched to see what this error message means and have com up with nothing. 

One post on a website suggested that to get rid of the message I should update my hp software, but when I try to do this nothing happens.  Upon calling the hp customer support line I was told that the likely reason I can't update is because Windows updated and is now incompatible with my printer software.  I was told that I need to uninstall my software and reinstall it, that I should post online and someone would lead me through the process.

So my questions are as follows:

1. What the heck is a "deviceIO notification"?

2. Can I get rid of this error message by updating my software?

3. How can I update my software?

4. If I can't get rid of this error message by updating my software, then how can I get rid of it.

Thank you 

Student
pdab09
Message 2 of 2 (6,448 Views)

Re: DeviceIO notification upon shut down.

I too have this problem with my Officejet Wireless 6500.  Downloaded latest SW (because supplied CD was unreadable) and installed the full suite of SW on 3 PC's (all run fully patched Windows XP).  Printer works fine however now when I try and close or log off from any of them I get a 'DeviceIO Notification' error window popped to the screen.  Tried reinstalling the SW on one of the PC's but the problem remains.  Contacted HP Support who suggest that via MSCONFIG I disable all instances of HP software from loading other than the “HP Digital Imaging Monitor”

MSCONFIG shows the following two entries: hpqSRMon and HPWuSchd2 on each of my PC's.

I'm not at all happy about disabling this SW without knowing what it does as the HP install routine saw fit to install it in the first place.  I've asked HP what this SW does and will it affect any functionality or features of the printer but they have yet to reply. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation