Display screen for Officejet 6500 dissolved (4456 Views)
Honor Student
artadmin
Message 1 of 56 (4,456 Views)
Accepted Solution

Display screen for Officejet 6500 dissolved

Our HP Officejet 6500 All-in-one's display screen has been slowly dissolving over the past month. We bought it a year and a half ago, so it's out of warentee. When we fax, we can't read the number we entered. Any information needed on the display screen is unavailable to us. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Or is it just a built-in-obsolescence lost cause?

Thanks for  reading,

naomi

Top Student
Tinkerdog
Message 2 of 56 (4,382 Views)

Re: Display screen for Officejet 6500 dissolved

I have the same problem.... makes the unit kinda useless for a lot of stuff... sigh.. and only over a year old too.....  HP are you listening???   Any solutions that won't cost me more than a NEW unit???

fgm Honor Student
Honor Student
fgm
Message 3 of 56 (4,342 Views)

see that there are two other posts where the display screen on the Officejet 6500 is going out after just over a year.  What can be done about it.  How do we get our message to HP?

thank you

Honor Student
WhereIsHPCAs
Message 4 of 56 (4,279 Views)

Same problem here, have you guys been contacted by HP representatives or do they just get our money for their crappy designs?

Honor Student
dave240a
Message 5 of 56 (4,244 Views)

Same problem as the above. Control panel fading, about 60% gone and 6 months out of warranty. I haven't heard anything from HP concerning this problem.

Honor Student
SharonBee2
Message 6 of 56 (4,163 Views)

My display is starting to "dissolve" as only some pixels are missing.  The missing portions (there are about four) appear in a straight line from top to bottom.  To describe:

1. the far right portion of the "g" in "Aug" is missing;
  2. most of the second #1 in the year is missing;
  3. the left portion of the two-digit hour is missing, and;
  4. the center of the "a" in the "am" designation is missing.

OK, HP, what is wrong and how can this be fixed?

Top Student
Jamesmar
Message 7 of 56 (4,087 Views)

Same happened to my wife's 6500A just after it went out of warranty!  Called HP and they were no help at all. I see they replaced the VIEWER on their newer models, but that doesn't help us!!!!!!!!:mansad:

Honor Student
cliffdunaway
Message 8 of 56 (3,996 Views)

Mine, too.  :smileysad:

About one third of the screen is now always blank.  Difficult to see what the screen is displaying.

If you know the IP address, you can type it into the browser and view information.

You can also do this by opening the HP Solution Center, then select Settings, then Network Settings.

Has anyone had luck getting HP to replace/repair?

Honor Student
James_Cogan
Message 9 of 56 (3,925 Views)

Me too. I have two of the officejet  wireless 6500's, one here, one at the office. At about 8 months the displays began to be incomplete, parts of letters and numbers dropping out. Now two years, the older of the two is not readable at all, and the newer, barely, and fading fast. I should have contacted them immediately, but I guess I figured I could make do, and that they would never replace the whole machine. I wish I'd done something though.

But, also, with both machines showing the same deteriorating displays, I suppose I thought it was universal, and replacement machine would have same future.

I spoke to HP just now, and the tech said he had no formal notices of any programs to assist out of warranty customers in any solution, or any programs to discount replacement printers,  or even that the problem was widespread.   As I said, both of my officejet 6500 wireless's have same problem

Top Student
Jamesmar
Message 10 of 56 (3,917 Views)

I agree just posted to my face book page that even though I would like to buy a all in one printer from them, my faith in them is totally shaken in the help given to this problem!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation