HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-09-2011 12:43 PM
I'm trying to use the A799 receipt printer to open the register drawer. The software I have does not have a configuration for this, so I'm guessing I do not have the right software. It prints fine, just doesn't open the drawer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-18-2011 04:53 PM
You may need to reinstall one or more of the following device drivers:
- HP Integrated Cash Drawer OPOS Driver
- HP USB Receipt Printer firmware Upgrade
- Common Control Object (CCO) driver
You can find these drivers here : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
08-19-2011 04:23 PM
OMG Thank you. Spent over an hour trying to find this. Horrible documentation on the site for any POS items. By the way, you need to set the length of the paper to 157" if you plan on printing anything beyond 36"....
08-22-2011 05:46 PM
I reinstalled the CCO driver, but the drawer still does not open when the printer prints a receipt. The drawer will open when using the HP testing software.
Any other ideas?
08-23-2011 09:43 AM
I found the solution!
Download and install HP USB Receipt Printer Firmware Upgrade (sp34185) from the following URL: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
Finish the printer installation by completing the following steps:
1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Printer and Faxes > Add printer .
2. During the Add Printer Wizard process, you will be asked to select a port. In the drop-down list, select a USBxxx (Virtual Printer Port) port.
3. Browse to the location where the printer files are located, and select TPG A794 CD#1 Full and install the printer.
4. Once the test page is printed the drawer will open automatically. NOTE: The TPG A794 CD#1 version generates a pulse to cash drawer 1 after each document, opening the cash drawer.
Even though this is listed as a solution for the RP5000, it worked perfectly on the RP3000 using the HP A799 printer.
The TPG A794 CD#1 version generates a pulse to cash drawer 1 after each document, opening the cash drawer.