06-17-2009 11:16 PM
When I goto the print option (where it shows printer name, I have a Deskjet F300, how many pages, print range, etc.) in the status is says door open. I have never seen this before. This status is also keeping me from printing a document; it has the document as pending and when you check the status bar it also shows door open. However the print cartridge door is not open.
This problem occured after I had a paper jam, which I thought was cleared. I also need to change the black cartridge because it is low. But, if I need to copy something it will copy the document.
How can I resolve this problem?
06-18-2009 05:54 AM
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer
06-23-2009 06:07 AM
I belive that in printer and faxes. The printer status shows "Door Open " but the door i not open.
However you are able to make a standalone copy.
I understand unless the error message is not cleared you will not be able to print.
I belive the printer spooler is jammed and there is no two way communication is happening.
To clear the status please follow the instructions to Restart the Print Spooler device
First Turn Off the printer.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start , and then click Control Panel .
- Click Performance and Maintenance .NOTE: This step is not necessary in XP Classic View.
- Click Administrative Tools .
- Double-click Services .
- Click Print Spooler .
- Click Stop to stop the Print Spooler.
- Click Start to restart the Print Spooler.
- Click OK .
- Restart the computer.
- Try the print job again.
This should resolve the issue
07-11-2012 05:55 AM
In Windows 7 64bit is is not necessary to restart the computer.
To clear/restart print spooler for Windows 7:
1. Open start menu
2. type "services" in the search box
3 right click on "services" and run as administrator
4 click on print spooler
5 in the left hand pane click "restart"
6. close window
7. Happy printing!!
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper