09-29-2010 11:17 AM
Today I replaced one of the inkt cartridges of the HP Color Laserjet CP1215. After making 1 normal print out the printer stopped working. My computer says reason is that the the door is open, while it is closed.
Can anyone help me solve this problem?
09-29-2010 12:55 PM
I am basing my answer on experience, not on personal knowledge, so here goes...
Most doors have some sort of plastic fin that either pushes on something or blocks an optical sensor. If you open the door it thinks is open, see if you can find a whole in the case under the door and a mating finger that pokes through it. You should be able to trip the sensor with a small tool of some sort or a piece of folded up paper.
Also, make sure you check all the possible doors. Not sure if there could be a second door.
Anyway, I hope that helps.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper