HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-02-2012 07:51 AM
HP Officejet Pro L7590 Windows XP
We are having a problem with dot scrubber that appears each friday morning. It backs up something. We are not sure what.
It slows down the computer for at least 20 minutes. Is this necessary to have on the computer?
05-02-2012 10:44 AM
I believe the HP Update software wrongly trying to install a patch which is not intended for XP
(It also make sense as the updates performed once a week by default)
Please try the following and check for any change:
- Open the HP Solution Center software.
- Click the Settings icon, located at the bottom of the screen.
- Under Other Settings, click HP Updates & Usage Data.
- For the first update option (Check for product software and help), mark the 3rd option (No thank you).
- Click OK to apply the changes and close the HP Solution Center program.
Now follow for any change.
Hope it helps,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution